External Relations Policy
Start date: 07/08/2017
Status: Review started
What is the review about?
A review examining the Island's External Relations Policy and how it is implemented.
Terms of reference
- To examine the current policies and procedures of the Ministry of External Relations; including the decision-making process and how such policies are constituted and reviewed.
- Identify the “value-added” from the overseas offices of the Government of Jersey and how their work is coordinated and reviewed centrally.
- To identify and assess the priorities of the Ministry of External Relations whilst taking into account the impact of Brexit for the period of negotiations.
- To examine on a regional basis, the work of the Government of Jersey and how the Ministry of External Relations coordinates this work in line with its set-out policies and priorities.
- To assess the impact of and level of cooperation between the Ministry of External Relations and organisations connected with representing Jersey’s interests overseas.