Redesign of the Health and Social Services Governance model
Start date: 01/08/2017
Status: Review started
What is the review about?
The Health and Social Security Scrutiny Panel is undertaking a review into the proposed changes of the governance of the Health and Social Services Department and various partner agencies.
During its review, the Panel intends to identify the reasons for the change of policy and proposed changes and assess whether they are appropriate for the Department, organisations that will be involved and the Islands population. It also intends to review the consultation process undertaken by the Department in order to reach this change in policy.
The Panel is currently collecting evidence from key stakeholders to inform its review.
Terms of reference
1. To examine the proposed governance model and assess the appropriateness of the changes in relation to Third Sector and Voluntary Organisations, Primary Care Organisations, members of the public and the States Assembly.
2. To determine if the proposed changes will improve services in Health and Social Care.
3. To determine if the proposed changes will improve patient interaction with services providing Health and Social Care.
4. To determine if the proposed changes will enhance integrated partnership working in Health and Social Care.
5. To examine the consultation process that was undertaken in order to inform the proposed model.
6. To examine the financial and manpower implications of the proposed changes.
7. To examine and compare the proposed governance model to those in similar jurisdictions to Jersey.