Solid and Liquid Waste Charges for Non-householders
Start date: 10/04/2017
Status: Call for evidence
What is the review about?
A review of the proposals to introduce solid and liquid waste charges for non-householders
The Panel is currently gathering evience for its review and inviting written submissions from members of the public and key stakeholders
Terms of reference
1. To consider the rationale behind the introduction of user pays charges for non-household waste.
2. To assess the charging mechanisms and determine how they will be applied.
3. To determine whether the proposed charges are reasonable and fair.
4. To consider the potential impact of the proposed charges, alongside the current charges, on non- householders.
5. To determine what impact the proposed charges will have on environmental behaviours.
6. To assess the adequacy of the present facilities in regards to waste management and recycling.
7. To assess how the issue of fly-tipping will be addressed in respect of the proposed solid waste charges.