School Starting Age
Start date: 28/01/2016
Status: Report published
What is the review about?
The review is examining legislation and policies of the Minister for Education, to establish if the current arrangements are socially, emotionally and developmentally appropriate for young children in Jersey.
Terms of reference
- To establish if the legislation and policies relating to School Starting Age in Jersey are considered to meet the requirements of parents and children.
- To compare legislation and policies relating to School Starting Age in Jersey with those of other jurisdictions both nationally and internationally.
- To obtain evidence from the public and other stakeholders.
- To hold public hearings with the Minister for Education and any others individuals or organisational representatives considered necessary.
- To report to the States Assembly with the Panel's findings with any recommendations arising from the evidence.